PLE - European Linguistic Path
Galileo Galilei State Scientific High School
PLE path for languages
The European Linguistic Path, called PLE, is a path that allows you to continue the study of the Second Foreign Language (L3- German, French, Spanish) already undertaken in Middle School. It is a path structured in levels and aims at certifying L3 skills and at building the student's linguistic portfolio.
Keywords and guidelines Linguistic biography , traceability of skills, multidimensional linguistic curriculum, experience dossier, flipped learning.
For what ??
- Assimilate as much as possible the study of the L3 to the institutional dynamics of planning, teaching planning, monitoring and evaluation of the L2
- Concentrate more on processes than on products: certification remains a tool, not an exclusive purpose
- Reflect on the learning process and encourage motivation to study languages
- Associate the function of documenting linguistic experiences with the construction of a profile and a path.
- Involve the student in the learning process
- Promote a multilingual repertoire and proceed with the official recognition of even partial skills and non-formal/informal learning
- Design a multidimensional language curriculum that takes into account the different dimensions that L3 can express with respect to L2, also differentiating the assessment methods,
- Accept variable geometry skills
- Create a pedagogical dossier especially for students who will be able to show the products related to their learning and thus enhance the intercultural and linguistic experiences gained in school and outside the school environment
A proposal in order to overcome the traditional concept of linear learning, characterized by an assembly of contents in watertight compartments, in favor of the idea of a cyclical and dynamic process, with phases of balance and also of instability, in which everything is formulated and reformulated, continuously enriching itself to enhance continuity and encourage language learning more in step with the times.